Designed to safeguard against electrical surges, Metrosil Current Transformer Protection Units (CTPU) and CTPU Enclosures offer engineers and power generation operators reliable protection from a single supplier.
Providing an effective solution for safeguarding current transformers against secondary side open circuits.
CTPU Design Specification
A Metrosil CTPU can be constructed in both single and three pole varieties. All CTPUs are factory audited to ISO9001-2015. Please download our Metrosil CTPU data sheet before following the ordering instructions below:
- Using the data sheet, identify the relevant table for the application
- Select the Metrosil CTPU type
- Check the leakage current through the Metrosil CTPU with the burden connected
- Check the peak voltage which the CTPU limits the open circuited system to
- Confirm if a second thermostatic switch is required
Metrosil pre-assembled CTPU Enclosures safeguard against the damaging effects of secondary side open circuits. Backed by extensive technical support and design assistance, the robust units offer a safe and reliable solution for current transformer applications.
- Type tested and independently certified to IEC 61439 Parts 1 and 2 IP66-compliant
- Offer adaptable configurations based on three standard cabinet sizes for specific application needs
- Provide flexible fitting options to meet diverse site requirements
- Include an integral basic protection barrier to safeguard against electrical surges